Wednesday, April 22, 2009

An overdue update...

Well, we've been busy for the past few months...but enjoying it all!  

The past few weeks have been a little crazy.  Adam was out of town over the weekend attending (and presenting) the Collegiate Sports Research Institute Conference at UNC Chapel Hill.  While he was working hard, I was having too much fun here, at home.  

MSU was having its big Super Bulldog Weekend and Starkville was having the Cotton District Arts Festival, too.  It was a happening weekend!  Saturday morning, I was up early to volunteer (not run) the Cotton District 5K road race.  After my duties were finished and I had collected all the cards from the runners as they headed my way after the finish line, I followed the dog parade to one of the stages for the awards for both the race and the dog parade.  I had two friends win in their age divisions for the race and my friends' (a couple I know from aerobic class on campus) dog won an award for the oldest dog in the parade (14 years).  Actually, they had great odds to win an award...they walked all seven of their dogs in the parade!!  

After that, I cruised around the Cotton District Arts Festival and checked out all the artists' booths set up all over the closed off streets.  Later that morning, my swing class was performing, so I was pretty nervous but excited.  It had been trying to rain all morning, but held off for the race and actually for day.  But, when it came time (11:30am) for my swing class to perform, the sun came out and it was blazin!  There were only five of us there, so it was an aerobic display of sweaty swing dancers tearin' it up on that parking lot!  It was so much fun; we all had a great time dancing.  (Although, I really missed my partner).  

After dancing (but, still in full sweating mode) a friend and I wandered around the festival some more...I had already scoped out the layout, so I was ready to share all the cool booths I found with Nicole.  (Nicole is Alan's wife...Alan is Adam's colleague.  Adam and Alan were both at the conference at UNC, so Nicole and I spent the day together).  

Around 2pm, we headed over to the MSU baseball game (part of Super Bulldog Weekend) and meet up with some of Adam & Alan's colleagues in what is called the "Left Field Lounge."  Let me just tell you this place is the ultimate tailgating party...because you are tailgaiting AND watching the game!!!!  I can't even explain it.  Anyway, we made a friend who's set up was right behind the left field out-of-bounds post and we were set for the rest of the ball game.  We even got some peanuts, Cokes, and a steak out of it!!  I'm telling you...it is like nothing else out there in the Left Field Lounge.  MSU won the game on a homerun in the 10th inning, so that was awesome.  And, it started to rain just as the game was over.  

We then walked to the Maroon and White football scrimmage, but we were only able to stay for the first quarter...I was exhausted and so was Nicole.  Anyway, I think we did a pretty good job of supporting our school and city for one day!

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures from the day because I found the camera the day AFTER all this happened...it was in a jacket pocket...whoops. 

No comments: