Monday, September 8, 2008

When it rains it pours!

Wow!  I go from being, you know, somewhat busy, but able to take my time and do things around the house to FULL SPEED, leave the house at 6:45am and finally sit down for dinner after 8:00pm.  And, things are not slowing down for tomorrow, which is ok.

Friday: 
*Women's Club Meeting/Coffee at the President's House.  Super fun and I met so many nice and interesting women within the university community, (retired professors, accounts, coaches, boosters, faculty wives, etc.)  Everyone was so nice and friendly.  
*After the meeting, (by the way, I signed up for the knitting & cross stitching club, I know, unexpected, huh.)  Then, my neighbor/friend decided to have a porch party/tailgate before the football game on Saturday.  I typed up a flyer and we visited every house on our little street.  Then, the cleaning began...hosing, sweeping, and de-bugging the front porch, and other things to get the house looking good for first impressions with the neighbors.  

Saturday:
*Chili cooking, final cleaning, and getting ready for the party.  We had a great turn out and everyone had a fun time.  We grilled hot dogs and had kids everywhere!  It was so fun.
*The football game was great.   Tailgating here is different than at home.  There is one HUGE grassy area with a bazillion tents, and then there are about umpteen other big grassy areas with tailgate tent cities, too.  
*Post game we made it back to the house to eat the leftovers from the pre game party! Yum!

Sunday:
*Adam was working on transcribing an interview (for research) using his voice recognition/it types what you say program.  So, I listened to him quote word for word an interview with the following statement made more than once: "Like, you know, and stuff."  Helpful interviewee.  Just kidding.  I actually enjoyed listening to him work.  It helps me to understand his research. 
*We played indoor volleyball with our Sunday Volleyball group.  We are culturally diverse.  We have players (graduate students, faculty, and staff) from China, Tunisa, India, Brazil, and Alabama.  
*Sunday evening, I spent getting ready for Monday...my BIG DAY!

Monday:
*My first substitute teaching job!!!  I enjoyed being with the students.  I didn't realize how much I missed the teaching/kid scene.  Of course, there were moments where I questioned my desire to even be in the same room with someone under the age of 18.  But, mostly, I enjoyed my day as a sub.  
*Then, I worked out with a bunch of college studs and cute girls at the student rec center.  Mostly, I kept to my workout weaving throughout the many conversations and poorly executed work out techniques.  
*I rode my bike to and from the rec center, and it is AWESOME!! I love my bike!  I did almost fall off a curb, when I tried to sneak a peek to see if my shirt was caught awkardly, possibly exposing a bit of my belly,  as I was bent over and when I looked up my wheel was halfway off the drop.  But, I save it and looked totally cool doing it, (I'm sure. I'm just asuming).   

Well, I need to get to work!  Because... the school wants me back for tomorrow to sub again!  Yay! 

1 comment:

sarahjane said...

i love it...diversity from "China, Tunisa, India, Brazil, and Alabama"