Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Let the misspelled, seemingly unimportant, overly detailed updates begin!

Now for the updates...(well, my "update" may be a little off, Adam is programming his voice recognizing dictation computer program and he is reading some obscure script about electricity and the song, "Wooly Bully."  As you may have guessed, I am a bit distracted.  he does have a great voice, though).

Adam has been hard at work since we made it to campus in late July.  He is  a hard worker in general, but starting a new career often requires extra office time, both at work and at home; and he is definitely putting in his time.  As for me, I have taken on a new role in our relationship and for me personally.  I am a proud "Home Supporter."  Initally, being at home during the day unpacking boxes, organizing our stuff, doing laundry, washing newly unpacked dishes, scrubing floor boards, vacumming ceiling corners, and other Cinderella-esque chores had me out and about on the job search hard core.  But, as time progressed and the job offers did not flood in, I realized (after talking with my leading ladies, Mom, Mary Ann, Grandmommy, and Nonee), that I would be good at whatever I put my whole heart into.  And, it just so happend to be that I wanted to put my whole heart into being a good home support system for Adam.  

He was getting up and heading to his office only to come home late and head into our home office.  Just because I am now a doctor's wife, doesn't mean I can sit around and expect to be a deep south diva.  So, I started waking up with Adam and getting to work myself.  Now, I get up and do laundry, wash dishes, vacuum the house, garden, get the mail, take out the trash, go to the bank, work out, cross-stitch (yes, you read that correctly), read (yes, you also read that correctly) and take care of other matters, EVEN COOK!  I feel so proud when Adam comes home in his suit and tennis shoes (he walks to work) and I have worked hard to provide him with a clean house and a warm meal and a happy wifey for him to come home to.  

I know what you may be thinking...and, YES, it is still me, just a different, newly repurposed me.  And, I like it.


No comments: